£60,000 - £75,000
Working from home (partly)
Management, Engineering, Electronics, Software Engineering
A company leading the way with innovative solutions for the modern workplace are looking for a Software Systems Team Lead on a permanent basis to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful organisation, helping their customers find innovative solutions that suit their business needs. The Successful candidate will be part of a global customer-facing team responsible for the innovation, delivery and support of software development services that meet specialised needs to the company’s customer base.
The teams’ offerings include development consulting services for cloud based integrations to third-party systems. The platforms of development include Azure, Android and Linux using a broad range of software languages and technologies.
Info about what the role entails
The Software Systems Team Lead will act as technical lead on customer projects and will be responsible for carrying out scoping workshops, technical implementations and integrations. As subject matter expert, the Software Systems Team Lead will support complex matters regarding the companys platforms for their customers on projects that vary in size and technical depth.
Some of the main duties include:
- Operates in a Professional Services model which includes attending customer meetings to derive requirements, concept designs, present and demonstrate proposed solutions
- Design and develop software solutions leveraging our products and services based on industry best Services/Project Delivery practices
- Develop solutions using modern languages and company SDKs/APIs on Azure, Android, and Linux platforms
- Work under the direction of a Project Manager with regular communication of project status
- Create accurate development estimates in collaboration with the Team Manager and PS pre-sales
- Identifies engagement-related problem areas and solves the issues in a proactive manner
- Perform knowledge transfer of the delivered solutions at the conclusion of the engagement as necessary
- 50% to 75% working from home on offer
- Company bonus scheme
- Private BUPA healthcare
- 10% pension
- 25 days’ holiday
Essential Requirements of the Software Systems Team Lead
- BEng Degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent experience
- Proven and extensive developer experience of commercial software development experience in C#.NET, Java (Android) and or Kotlin, HTML/CSS. Includes a working knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience in web application development methodologies, solid understanding of web architecture including REST and SOAP web services
- Ability to work in a customer facing role, this may include technical training for a developer audience and meeting with senior stakeholders to gain their confidence and support.
Nice to have requirements of the Software Systems Team Lead
- Experience in Azure development with technical skills in WebApp, Functions and VMs
- Familiarity with Android design and programming skill.
- Experience with GIT source management including creating Pull Requests and Continuous integration methods. Experience in GitLab and AzureDevOps would be a bonus
- Ability to work independently on routine duties or projects, general instruction on new assignments.
- Good verbal, writing skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients (business and technical audiences) in the English language is a must. Having similar capabilities in other major European languages is a plus.
If you feel you are suitable and interested in this role, APPLY NOW with an up to date CV. We also pay referral fees if you can suggest another suitable person that isn’t already known to us.